If there are books on the RETURN shelves or in the cardboard box under the counter, you must reshelve them.
• From the RETURN shelves, books are ready to go back to the collection.
• From the cardboard box, you must run:
1. Check in again to make sure that the books have been received correctly.
2. Run the book through the security
device. Make sure that the yellow
light is under the icon of an open door with a book going out.
NON-FICTION ALWAYS HAS NUMBERS
Organize the books in DDC order before taking them back to the shelves.
FICTION ONLY HAS LETTERS
Organize the books in alphabetical order by author's last name before taking them back to the shelves.
When two or more books have the same call number, follow this order:
1. Author's last name (if same call number but different authors)
2. Tittle of the book (if same call number and same authors)